DFI/Aftermarket EFI systems

Bruce Crawford crawford at planet.earthcom.net
Wed Feb 26 06:09:49 GMT 1997

I have been using a Racetech SDS EM-1 on a ported rotary 13B for about 6
months, and have found it very easy to tune and reasonably streetable even
with the fairly large ports. Rotaries have a lead/trail spark arrangement,
so the EM-1 I am using doesn't control spark, and I rely on a distributor.

It has an open/closed loop toggle, RPM data adjustments every 250 rpm,
about 60 MAP adjustments, low and high rpm ACC pump functions, starting
fuel corrections, etc. It is programmable in realtime, and I often use a
pilot's legboard with the programmer keypad velcroed to it to program the
thing when I'm ripping around.

I have experimented with a staged fire EPROM and a batch fire EPROM, and
the company is pretty easy to get a hold of to discuss things with.

The wiring harness is a little measly, but it hasn't been a problem. I
found it the only reasonably priced solution at about $700US.

Regards,

Bruce and Martha Crawford...........crawford at planet.earthcom.net
'83 SRX7                                                    read about 'em at
'83 GSL w/EFI 13B                    http://www.earthcom.net/~crawford