injecting a *small* engine

August de Heij MBWTB57 at w.ft.HSE.NL
Fri Feb 28 11:59:14 GMT 1997

>  How about NOS. I have a article on a guy who NOS his little=
>  scooter. eg the ones that are like a skateboard with handlebar's. It has a=
>  35 cc motor on it going through a single speed drive train. The kit is of=
>  the shelf for a 35cc engine so you should not have any prob's. Now that=
That's an alternative, do you know how much something like this
costs? I've heard of it before. I think these scooters are called
gopeds.

>  I have one question. Ho come you are going=
>  to a distributless ignition system. I presume that the bike is single=
>  cylinder so why not go to a plain electronic ignition module that uses only=
>  the orig coil. These little modules...

Do you mean the transistor type where you still have the breaker
points?

>  for some bad news. The turbo is out...

That was to be expected, but you have to look in every possible
direction

> Anyway after all that you bike does sound very interesting and
> thepotential is there as well. I am also interested with the
> performance increase of the distributless ignition system.
Thanks. I realize maybe EFI is out of the question but I will be
using the DDIS because of the programmable advance curve. Need to
alter some things for it being one cylinder tough.

>  to get the old mini bike out for another rap soon.
It's great that you're picking up some moped vibes again. I forgot
that you have lots more space out there in Kiwiland :-)
Here in the Netherlands it's a bit more crowded. Try to find us on a
map and then realize we have a population of about 15.000.000
That's why us "make stuff faster"-guys usually have problems with the
police and such. Here you really need good brakes, but sometimes they
still don't help: I got in an accident last summer; Got hit by a
truck (not like a chevy or something, but a real big truck with a
trailer:maybe you have another word for it) at 100 km/h.
I only had a broken leg. Is that luck or what? I think I have used up
my luck until 2020 :-)

BY THE WAY: IF ANY OF YOU DIY_EFI'ERS THINK THIS OFF-TOPIC, PLEASE
SAY SO. I DON'T MEAN TO BOTHER ANY OF YOU WITH MOPED TALK. I WILL
CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION PRIVATELY WITH PAUL, VAN AND
ANYONE ELSE WHO'S INTERESTED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN CASE YOU'RE
INTERESTED AND/OR WANT ME OFF THIS MAILING LIST.