Ford Ranger

Peter Shoebridge peter at aspenres.com
Fri Jan 3 21:05:53 GMT 1997

Any help/comment on the issue below would be greatly appreciated:

My friend has am '88 ford ranger 2.9 v6. I don't know too much about it but
he has a problem with it stalling occasionally when taing his foot off the
throttle. Doesn't seem to have any relation to temp, can happen straight
after starting or after several hours of running. Only common aspect is
going to closed throttle and sometimes it's fine, other it's not.

AFAIK plugs/leads/dist cap etc are all in good cond. It's been into a ford
dealer and they couldn't fix it although I'm not sure how hard they
tried......

Any advise welcome.

Thanks in advance

Peter S