911 Carrera Motronic

Frank/G.speed fmlin at ccnet3.ccnet.com
Tue Jan 7 07:22:48 GMT 1997

> Can someone describe a general format for fuel/ignition map?  I
> imagine they're all similar.  What exactly is 12 x 12?  What
> a system has a high resolution maps, what are we looking at?
> Adjustment per 100 RPM?!

Having read my own post I realize I probably didn't make the
question clear.

Can someone describe a general format for fuel/ignition map in ECU's
used by most production cars today?  I imagine they are similar.

Aftermarket ECU's often boast high resolution maps, such as 16 x 16.
What exactly is that?  256 "points" in the engine operating range
where you can set a value?

I just read the EDN article, it is very general.  I didn't really
learn anything.  What's up with the way the author shamelessly
plugging Skip and Russell school?  It seemed that the article was
going to get meatier than sudden it's the end of the page.  Hmm...
actually, I did pick up a thing or two.

--
Frank M. Lin	   | G.speed - Z.Speed Trust HKS DC-Sports Razo/Carmate Soei
fmlin at ccnet.com    | Web page - http://www.ccnet.com/~fmlin/gspeed.html