BMW Motronic 1.1

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 9 14:47:51 GMT 1997

>>> P.S.  the other guy that knows these things.  Besides.  Why would we
>>> want to give you the information that's taken us months and years to
>>> figure out ourselves?
>>
>>I don't know. Why do you two share so much info? Thanks!
>>
>>					--Carter
>>

>I agree, is this forum, not to share and exchange information on EFI, I think
>Todd's remarks do not do justice to this group. Why belong to a group that
>exchanges information and ideas on a subject if your whole feeling on the
matter
>is - 'you show me yours, but I not going to show you mine'???
>
>Gary

Lemme say that Todd has been one of the most helpful people in this
group (to me, at least).  He has freely shared his knowledge about
many things -- lighten up !!  I am thankful that there people like
Todd and Mazda and .... that are so willing to share what they know.
What the previous writer said was that cracking that specific ecu
was a _major_ task.  (One of these people actually gave out data
and disassembled code on a particular ecu -- and I'm sure they'd
do it again to anyone who asked nicely -- and looked like they
could or would actually have a need for it).  There are things that
I know too, but I can't sit down and write it out over and over again
each time someone new asks -- check out the archives.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>