BMW Motronic 1.1

demo marchildon at usa.net
Thu Jan 9 17:27:11 GMT 1997

>Lemme say that Todd has been one of the most helpful people in this
>group (to me, at least).  He has freely shared his knowledge about
>many things -- lighten up !!  I am thankful that there people like
>Todd and Mazda and .... that are so willing to share what they know.
>What the previous writer said was that cracking that specific ecu
>was a _major_ task.  (One of these people actually gave out data
>and disassembled code on a particular ecu -- and I'm sure they'd
>do it again to anyone who asked nicely -- and looked like they
>could or would actually have a need for it).  There are things that
>I know too, but I can't sit down and write it out over and over again
>each time someone new asks -- check out the archives.
>

>Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

I am very thankful to the people that have posted on this list and I have
looked at the archives and that is why I was able to put the correct code up
and also I am aware the figuring out exactly how the code works is a big
task that is why I need some pointers and may be I don't need to get at the
assembler source code just the tables I have a good idea at what is not
going to my liking with the maps I have a part throttle stumble or should i
say a lean out, this was probably put intentionally buy the engineers to
have a car the is more fuel efficient on the highway but I have to shift the
car at 5500 because the power only starts at 4500, I feel that the in-line 6
should pull more at a lower rpm's, and the revlimiter is set at 6250 hey it
is still pulling pretty hard at that speed I was thinking more of 6750 as a
limit, and the cold -10c warm-up is to rich I have some stumble like the old
carburetors, I have had several fuelinjected vehicles and this one is the
roughest

Any way I did not want to start a war on what could be disclosed or not and
on how much time it would take to get what I want.

// Marchildon at usa.net                                            //
// Alain Marchildon                                              //
// 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE Soon with Vortech supercharger "My toy //
// 1989 BMW 325IX "Family car"                                   //