Conversion to TPI

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Thu Jan 9 18:51:34 GMT 1997

Hi Mike

Said this before to the point of boring people

Get a J-car computer 87-91 millions of em out there last #s are 730
on ECM broadcast stamp. While you are at it steal the harness with
every sensor and transducer you can get from the J car.

Go to you gm dealer and order a calpak for a 90-92 F body with a
5.7. Costs me 50$ canadian. You may also order connectors for
the TPS, the IAC and a large body HEI if you are gonna use one.

For a tpi I'd use the 89-92 setup since the cold start valve
isn't on the manifold. The older 85 -88 are ok but there is a
cold start valve that isn't working to explain to the referees

Make sure you get the distributer and connector. Also you may have
to drill the two center bolts on the manifold of the newer tpis
to fit older chev heads, no sweat silcone works great.

You will have to figure out the VSS, you might have to get a
taxi transducer.

In fact JTR Mike Knell sells a great book. Look it up. Summit sells it.

You will also have to address VATS. Do this with 10$ of radio shack parts
or a prom change.

If you want to look at a calpak Jameco sells lots of programmers
cheap. You will have to make a perfboard adapter to read and
program the calpak.

Well GL: peter