Forwarded: Re: Airflow measurement - again...

kleenair at ix.netcom.com kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 10 13:15:56 GMT 1997

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the explanation.  This is my first exposure to LDA, so I have
no idea how sensitive the system is.

1)  How would the system determine the direction of travel of the
particles?  More importantly, how does it detect direction changes in
dynamic flow, or what kind of errors are caused by turbulance and eddies
in the air flow, etc.?

2)  Do you think this is applicable to inside the manifold, or on the air
inlet ducting somewhere.  It seems the laser lenses might be hard to keep
clean.

Thanks for the input.

Best Regards,
Mazda