More TPI questions from me

Jones rwj5125 at electriciti.com
Sat Jan 11 22:44:09 GMT 1997

Daniel Burk wrote:

> John Hess wrote:
> >
> > You DO NOT want an '85 TPI...PERIOD!  The best bet is the early '86
> > Corvette, Plug the enrichment injector hole, plug the left fuel rail
> > connector to the enrichment injector, and install an '89 chip.
> >
> > If you install the '89 system, the only changes required are to notch
> > the two center manifold to head bolt holes to accomodate the different
> > bolt angle that the aluminum head has versus the iron head (of course,
> > you might consider late model aluminum Corvette heads if you have the
> > coin).  The '89 chip is simply a better tune in addition to getting
> > rid of the cold start injector.

What is the difference between the 85 vs. 89 system. I know the 85 uses
a cold-start injector system while the 89 and up units do not. Why is
one better then the other? Why does everone want to eleminate the cold
start injector? What is the difference between the speed density system
and the mass Air Flow? Would one be more desirable for my application?
Is one system better? Also, it seems as if everone on the list perferes
the 89 EPROM, why?

Mike Jones
rwj5125 at electriciti.com