move on: Thermisters

Dave Zug dzug at eecis.udel.edu
Sat Jan 11 23:59:11 GMT 1997

Carter Hendricks wrote:

><snip>

> Lets move on to how
> new questions, like how to get 50 more horsepower by reprogramming a chip
> or using a $20 exhaust sensor to...

With some talk I've seen/Read on thermister accuracy being comprimized
by the voltage being passed thru it (and thus heat), is there any merit
to 10k standard thermisters being used in place of the 3k standard I've
seen? or are there manufacturere who DO use the 10k standard? (10k ARE
better right?)  It dont look hard to change ECM tables for this
upgrade.. but if it were offered as an aftermarket upgrade, i'd think it
was some marketing guys' idea. (point of diminishing returns again)