O.D. TRANS

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Sun Jan 12 17:48:19 GMT 1997

Hi George.

To be truthful you can get the details from a GM service manuel.
I will look again for you later but from memory you need the
following.
First off the gear select is still manuel. At least in the ones
I have the manuel for. Not shift by wire.

In the drive position though the gear selection is electrohydraulic
valves. The ecm switchs two valves to select the four forward gears.

The transmission line pressure is Pulse width modulated.

Now you will need VSS, a TPS, and RPM to control the transmission.
Everything that was done hydraulically must be done with code.
It would be an interesting application of a EVB. If I get some
free time we might post some code on the net for people to see how
to handle the parameters. Right now I have to finish marking about
60 exams and I am spending too much time on this darn computer.

>Yes yes, go ahead with the details!
>GMD
>
>At 07:03 AM 1/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>I don't think it is within the capability of a #165 ecm to
>>control the electronic trans. Not unless you considerably down
>>grade the code that is running.
>>
>>Now a stand alone controller could be interesting. There actually
>>isn't that much to control

And GL: >>Later: peter

PS. get your pink book warmed up george your gonna write code.