Forwarded: Re: Airflow measurement - again...

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Sun Jan 12 17:21:54 GMT 1997

Mazda Ebrahimi wrote:

> That's a good question.  Also, I don't know much about the vane meters
> (I have never actually seen one on an engine), but are they not a little
> restrictive?

Mazda,
	I've measured the pressure drop of a vane type air flow meter on a 911
engine before.  If I remember right, it was about 14" H20 at redline.
The thing maintained about 5" H20 from about 1000 to 4500 rpm's at full
throttle where it was fully opened, then sloped up to 14" by 6500 rpm's.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering