Engine warmup

Mark Eidson mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com
Mon Jan 13 16:06:41 GMT 1997

At 10:13 AM 1/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Here is a couple of thoughts or questions:
>
>1- I assume you can't adjust at what temp. you can go to closed loop

That's correct.

>2- When you talk about adjusting mixture, does that include shifting
>feedback target voltage, or is it just the base fuel curve.

The feedback target voltage can be set for idle, up to 1200RPM, and then 4
steps over the MAP range above 1200 RPM.  There is a 16x16 fuel map and the
enrichment can be set for every 10 degrees f from -40 to 240.  Setting the
target voltage to 0 for any given area opens the feed back loop.  There is
also full control of ingition advance based on RPM and throttle position.

>3-  Does the system go to closed loop regardless of O2 volts?  A lot of
>systems do not go to closed loop (even after they are supposed to based
>on the temperature run time table) until there is some voltage on the O2
>sensor input line.  This is done to make sure the sensor is warm.  If
>that's the case, may be you can disconnect the sensor line through a
>relay that is activated by a temperature switch set at 80 degrees or
>something.

The O2 sensor is self heating and provides good data long before the loop is
closed.  The relay should work.  I was hoping to find a way to do it with
the adjustments available with the system.