Temp sensor differences

Bill Moffitt wmoffitt at connect.net
Mon Jan 13 22:38:11 GMT 1997

I have been on this list for a few weeks now, and hope this
question hasn't been asked before:

The engine coolant temp sensor and the air intake temp sensor in my
89 Geo Metro are identical in temp/resistance curves.  The only
difference I can see is that the connectors are keyed differently,
and most importantly, the coolant temp cost about twice as much!

I thought I had read somewhere that there may be a difference
in performance between water and air temp sensors in EFI systems,
whereby one was "quicker" than the other.

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Bill