Weber Carburettor

Michael D. Porter mdporter at rt66.com
Wed Jan 15 14:59:23 GMT 1997

M HILL wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I'll go and see if I can find that book to look
> it up.    The manifold will be for the DCOE carburettor.  It  is to
> run on a 4.6l rover V8 (old buick 205ci) engine in  a westfield kit
> car.  The throttle bodies are required so we can run our own
> injection system on the vehicle but make the system as low profile as
> possible.

And I'm still curious--of course, there may be many different parts
available in the UK which are unknown here, but I do not ever recall
seeing a crossflow DCOE manifold for the Rover/BOP V-8.  Who makes this
item?  And are the carb mounting flanges almost vertical?  Sounds as if
it might be a real trick getting four DCOE flanges into the small space
of the 215 ci bore centers and still have the runners approximately the
same.  I've seen such manifolds for large V-8s here, but not for that
engine.

> We have the capability to do the machining ourselves and
> therefore don't want to pay the high price for other peoples throttle
> bodies.

Understand that thinking very well. <g>

> The other option was to try to do some slide plate throttles
> but I have heard there can be some serious problems with those.

Principally with sealing the slides in the spectacle plates, as I
understand--but that's not a huge problem on a racing engine which is
going to be at WOT most of the time.  Does present a problem when one
needs a reasonably reliable idle on a street engine.

On the above, I remembered that I have the flanges drawn in AutoCAD
somewhere for manifolds I've been working on.  If you come up dry
finding the Weber technical drawing, let me know what graphics formats
you can read and if your provider accepts file attaches, and I'll send
it out. Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....