Even More TPI questions

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Wed Jan 15 15:13:50 GMT 1997

> > Ok - lets say that I have an '87 TPI - basically stock.  Can I
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > just swap out a PROM for the '89 TPI to eliminate the cold-start
> > injector
> > on my '87??  IOW, is there a hardware(wire harness) difference
> > that would prevent this (other than the cold-start injector wiring)
> > (this may lead to more questions ;)  )
>
> Yes!  You can do exactly that!.  It is generally recommended that you
> disconnect the lead to the existing cold-start valve and, in fact,
> completely remove it and plug up the hole in your manifold and fuel
> rail.  I have not accomplished that, yet, but DID disconnect the lead.
>  JAH

Great - that's good to know.  As predicted, I have more questions now....

Let's say I wasn't quite honest when I said "basically stock".

Let's say that I have a Vortech supercharger and that I know that
I'm a little lean in the upper rpm range where it's starting to
really put out some boost....  (uh oh - detonation!)

Is there an easy way to use this 9th injector(the cold-start one)
to help keep me out of detonation - mainly as a crutch for
too small factory injectors??  I know I don't want to keep
raising the fuel pressure because the injectors don't last
long under 80+psi right??    So maybe use an rpm activated
switch to trigger this injector at say 3500rpm???  Is this
feasible??

thanks again for any insight!

T.
--
Terry Hartman           voice:(972) 519-2920           ,,,
txhartma at spd.dsccc.com                                (o o)