Creating a pulse for injector drivers

rambo at diversicomm.com rambo at diversicomm.com
Thu Jan 16 02:44:01 GMT 1997

It is possible to use the ignition system to aquire the proper pulse
que.
The more accurate systems I have come across are the optical system
used
by GM in the LT1's and LT4's.  I think they came out in 1992. There is
info
on the Web about them and parts avaliable through GM.  The other is the
use
of a steel trigger wheel attached to the face of the harmonic balancer.
All you need is to establish TDC intake on No 1.  Remember that the sqrt
time can not be more than 90% of the time it takes the piston to finish
the
intake stroke.  Bruce Bowling has several helpful formulas avaliable on
the
net one of which I believe will help caculate piston speed.

     The trigger wheel also has an EM pick up that usually has a
shielded
cable.  The signal from the EM pick up will allow ignition timing that
is
precise and also a que for the pulse.

Hope this helps... I am just a Lawyer that likes to turn wrenches in his
spare time.  Sorry if I insulted your intelligence, if so it is most
likely the
result of a lack thereof on my part.