Valve Train noise

Mazda Ebrahimi kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 17 02:37:19 GMT 1997

rambo at diversicomm.com wrote:

> Mazda:
>
>      I have used Bowling's injector sizing to caculate the size of
> injectors needed.  Unfortunately I did not know of Mr. Bowling before I
> purchased a TPI system.  Using his formulas across the operating RPM
> range of this engine the
> injector size should be at least 15 lbs/hr and most 16 lbs/hr.
>
>      I regret, I do not have the ability to verify the readings of the
> TEC II, as they are displayed on my laptop screen.  Can you suggest how
> this may be done?
>
> Thank you for your time and attention.
>
> Kindest regards,  Ray

A scope would be nice, but at least check the timing with a timing
light.  Years ago, when I used electromotive for a few months, I learned
to trust nothing.  The reason I asked about the RPM reading, was not
only because of my experience with not being able to read RPM at
cranking speeds, but also an article I read somewhere about the VECTOR.
 The test driver noticed the rev-limiter was cutting in way before red
line, and the problem was traced to the engine management system.  Guess
what system they used? TEC!

It sounds like your injectors are way oversized for the application.  Do
you know if they run sequential, bank fire, or gang fire?

Best Regards, Mazda