68HC11 Learning tools (AKA re:trans)

Dave Zug dzug at eecis.udel.edu
Sun Jan 19 01:07:16 GMT 1997

Jennifer Rose wrote:

>                 General question to all.
>         Recomendation for learning/disassemble 68hc11. Have fair amount of
> time to learn. Next purchase after motherboard upgrade will be epom burner.

motorola's literature ordering page:
http://design-net.com/home/lit_ord.html

motorola's search page:
http://design-net.com/cgi-bin/search

most all literature is FREE(my specialty), and they pick up the postage
too. The HC05 stuff will get you going, instruction set is a subset of
the HC11, HC11 has changed a few and added alot, and taken some away,
but for free its a start, and if you've not been exposed to
microcontrollers, this is a good "learning" one.

order the HC11 literature thru JDR or electronics catalog, but it might
be free if you look hard enough.  there are even .PDF files (adobe
acrobat reader format) available from motorola on the hc05 and hc08,
hc11 might even be there.. the files and acrobat reader let you have the
manual on your pc.

hope it helps.