Wanted: Information on the Motorola MC3484 series FI driver

Mazda Ebrahimi kleenair at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 20 03:27:31 GMT 1997

John Faubion wrote:

> > your every day Honda or Kawasaki motorcycle?  If you try to read your
> > tach signal from one of the coils of your bike, you end up reading only
> > half of the RPM's!  I figure one must probably take it off the crank
>
> Hmmm, why not take that reading and double it?
>
> John Faubion
> jfaubion at beaches.net

I'm jumping in the middle of this (haven't tracked this specific
conversation), but if you are trying to read RPM from coil signals on a
two coil system, another way is to use two diodes to connect the two
signals together.  If you put the diodes in right, the resulting signal
is the combination of the signals to each coil and the output should be
your desired signal.

Best Regards, Mazda