SDS FI Systems

steve.jacques steve.jacques at mci2000.com
Tue Jan 28 20:19:16 GMT 1997

Hello,

	My name is Steve Jacques, and I am a member of the University of
Massachussetts-Lowell's Formula SAE club. One of our ongoing projects as
part of FSAE is to design, test, and manufacture a mini Formula car powered
by no larger than a 610cc motorcycle engine. We have to design from the
ground up... based on a per unit cost of $8500 for a 1000 unit production.
We have selected Honda's CBR F2 600cc engine (normally aspirated) as our
platform, and we have chosen to go with a multi-point FI system. We have a
Simple Digital Systems FI unit, and I would like to know if anyone has any
experience with this system? It was a donated system, with sparse
documentation. We have documentation on the way, but I was curious to see
if anyone has used this system successfully. Any comments would be
appreciated. Also, does anyone know of any good publications on intake
manifold design? Everything I've seen thus far has been very vague on the
subject. Thanks in advance for your comments!
Sorry for the long message!
					Sincerely,
					     Steve Jacques
					     UMass-Lowell FSAE