ABS

Jens Stobernack jstobern at acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 29 14:58:22 GMT 1997

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Mike Turner wrote:

> I was one of the people affected by the server glitch and never received any
> replies (maybe there were none.....), so I'm going to ask again....
> use for rotation? Hall effect? Proximity? Something else? Does anyone know
> what the minimum speed for ABS to be engaged is? Has anyone hacked
> one of these?<<<

	I can only speak from VW experience. There is a toothed wheel
on the brake hub of each wheel. It spins with the wheel. An inductive
pickup sensor seats mm from the wheel, connected to a static part of
the car. I think the ABS is always on. Even at slow speeds on ice you
can engage it.

Hope this helps,
Jens