BMW e12 530i FI dle and running progress

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 30 20:13:16 GMT 1997

>Next step: I am planning to build a DIY o2 sensor led meter, and put an o2
>sensor in the manifold. The 530i has this useless 'seat belt/service'
>warning light thing sticking out in the center of the dash, that would be
>well utilised by sticking a row of leds in there!

You'll get much more useful data if you put a DPM there .... you can
see the actual voltage and make better guesses.  The DPM I use cost
$15 (U.S.) from Hosfelt Electronics, takes 9V power (rated to 15,
so could probably use 12V power -- esp if put a couple of diodes
in series for voltage reduction).

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>