Big overlap cams and EFI

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Tue Jul 1 19:30:36 GMT 1997

`From: James Boughton <boughton at bignet.net>
`Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:06:34 -0400
`Subject: RE: Big overlap cams and EFI

`[ snip]

`        There are also any number of diagnostic routines that may be
effected =
`by the change in idle MAP.  Did the PROM burner guy give you any more
of =
`a hint as to what the problem is that arises from longer cams?

`Jim Boughton
`boughton at bignet.net
`Owner - Boughton Engine Systems Technology (B.E.S.T.)

Thanks for the input.  This digital info is what I'm lacking in.  As if
I could do something with it at this time.

No, the guy at Turbo City wasn't that helpful with that kind of info.

Being a mechanical type and trying to retain as much unaltered
electronic equipment as possible, I was thinking along the lines of
trying to dampen the vacuum signal mechanically.  A resevoir or orifice
or both, but thought this would also slow down the signal during off
idle situations. On a nonemisson application, why couldn't the idle fuel
flow be set at a specific injector dwell dependent on just the engine
temp and maybe also the intake air temp, if available?

Joe Boucher
'70 Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban