GM ECMs and harnesses

Thomas Wright tgw3448 at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Thu Jul 3 17:42:37 GMT 1997

Does any body know what the part number is for the ECM on a 1992 to
@1995 Chevy V6 4300?  Will it physically plug into a V8 TPI harness?
I was thinking about the possibility of using a GM CPI system (chevy V6
4300 version of TPI) on my 6cyl car.  I noticed that there are many
aftermarket V8 TPI harness for sale for not very much money, that are
designed for custom (hot rod, off road, etc.)  installations
(unnecessary crap eliminated) for relatively cheap.  It might be worth
the money for a good, new harness,  without the hassle of untangling a
fatigued, baked harness from a wreck.  But all the aftermarket harnesses
are for V8 TPIs.  I would need to modify it to work with a V6 system and
computer.
Does anybody know if this is possible (I mean easy - anything is
possible)?

Thanks,
Tom Wright