Injected CNG

Mark Fabiny mfabiny at flash.net
Wed Jul 9 20:31:48 GMT 1997

Andrew F. Gunnesch wrote:

> Around here in Dearborn, MI I see lots of FFV and CNG vehicles.  They're
> definitely making and experimenting with them (Ford, anyhow)

Andrew,

I didn't mean to imply that CNG's use in automobiles was dead.  All I'm
trying to say is that the natural gas vehicle industry was MUCH more
optimistic about its future 2 years ago than it is today.  CNG may
indeed gain acceptance as an alternative to gasoline, it will just take
longer than most had hoped.

FYI: Last I heard, Ford was offering the FFV Tauras, dedicated CNG Crown
Victoria, bi-fuel Econoline van, and bi-fuel F150 truck, and GM had
re-introduced its CNG Sierra pickup.

Mark