Which language do I learn?

Steve Meade smeade at deltanet.com
Fri Jul 11 16:02:35 GMT 1997

----------
> From: Bosch, AN, Andrew, Dr <ABOSCH at sports.uct.ac.za>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re:Which language do I learn?
> Date: Friday, July 11, 1997 3:30 AM
>
> Hi all. I want to learn a programming language most suited to the
> sort of stuff discussed on this list i.e. for ignition and FI
> control. "C" seems to come up often, but I've also seen reference to
> Visual Basic, Delphi, etc. I know the VERY basics "C", but so little
> that it would be easy to change at this point. Speaking of "c", there
> seems to be so many variants of that! Please help.

	I'm sure I'm going to get blasted on this but I think it is best to learn
Delphi (you'll actually be learning Pascal) because then you can generate
easy to use programs quickly for either EFI or any stuff in general. C is
more of the excepted norm but Delphi compilations are fast and much more
versatile, and much easier to use, and very cheap right now. Oh, if you
learn C you can count on having to learn C++ which is the object oriented
version of C. With Delphi you get it all in one step.

> Thanks.
> AndrewDr A. N. Bosch
> Physiology Department/ Sports Science Institute
> University of Cape Town Medical School
> P. O. Box 115
> Newlands 7700
> South Africa