Which language do I learn?

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Fri Jul 11 19:09:44 GMT 1997

>You can't go wrong if you learn C.  Compilers are available for
>virtually every processor ever made, and C is a low enough level
>language that you know more or less what sort of assembly will be
>generated.  You'll also have to know some assembly for whatever
>processor you use.  Vis basic, Delphi, C++ builder, and other
>products are much higher level languages.

True in some cases, but Delphi and C++ Builder allow you to create the
simple stand alone apps (console, or dll's) that you might want without any
of the fancy class lib stuff. C++builder is a really good choice if you
want to do C/C++ programming _AND_ you later want to create Windoze
applications.

>They are great for quickly
>prototyping a graphical application with menus, dialog boxes, etc. in
>windowing systems but have no place on the EFI computer itself.
>However, these would be good choices for a program on your laptop
>that you use to communicate with and change parameters on the EFI
>compter via a serial link.
>
>my suggestion:  continue learning C.  It will prove valuable in lots
>of things besides your EFI project.

Yes!, the language of love for compute people, no flames ;-)

Sandy