le jetronic fault codes?

Rich Mauruschat richm at sykes.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 15:58:12 GMT 1997

At 14:46 13/07/97 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>i know the motronic ml4.1 system, as fitted to (in my case) the 2L gsi opel
>kadett ( 8v)
>i think its called a vauxhall astra ? in the uk ? ,anyway i know this
>system returns the
>error codes via the engine warning light on the dashboard if certain pins
>in the diagnostic
>plug are shorted out..
>
>so my other car is a opel monza 1.6L gsi ( again i think its called a
>belmont in uk?)
>the efi seems to be very similar to the L jetronic sytem ? ,but it does
>seem to have
>a micro proccesor since it returns error codes in the same way as the ml4.1
>system
>its been my understanding that this system on the 1.6l is the le or maybe
>l3 jetronic,
>have i maybe got the wrong name acociated with this aplication?
>any more info?
>
>thanx a lot ,
>nico

Nico,
Sorry! I may have misled you over the 1.6L sytem; early 1.6 GSi Corsa/GTE
Nova (uk) ie. 1988-1991 approx. used L3 Jetronic. L3 is easy to recognise -
ECU is mounted integrally with the airflow meter and has a 15 way 2-row
connector. It is the later 1.6 engines which use Multec.
Hope this is clearer
Richard