700R4 ratios

Daniel Furgason furgason at uleth.ca
Tue Jul 15 16:22:10 GMT 1997

Just for the record I have an 89 suburban 5.7 tbi with a 3:73 rear. The
only time I've ever done worse than 21 mpg highway (Imperial gallon) is
one time when I closed the plug gap down to around .035". If I run the
plugs around .100"-.125" I get significantly better milege. I  have been
as high as 24 mpg. Around town I generally get 14 -15 mpg. Timing
doesn't seem to be too critical for mileage, however, I usually run
about 4 deg BTC static just for the response.

Dan Furgason