le jetronic fault codes?

nico badenhorst gsi16v at smartnet.co.za
Tue Jul 15 18:27:02 GMT 1997

----------
> From: Rich Mauruschat <richm at sykes.demon.co.uk>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: le jetronic fault codes?
> Date: Tuesday, July 15, 1997 5:50 PM
>
> At 14:46 13/07/97 +0300, you wrote:
> >Hi Richard,
> >
> >i know the motronic ml4.1 system, as fitted to (in my case) the 2L gsi
opel
> >kadett ( 8v)
> >i think its called a vauxhall astra ? in the uk ? ,anyway i know this
> >system returns the
> >error codes via the engine warning light on the dashboard if certain
pins
> >in the diagnostic
> >plug are shorted out..
> >
> >so my other car is a opel monza 1.6L gsi ( again i think its called a
> >belmont in uk?)
> >the efi seems to be very similar to the L jetronic sytem ? ,but it does
> >seem to have
> >a micro proccesor since it returns error codes in the same way as the
ml4.1
> >system
> >its been my understanding that this system on the 1.6l is the le or
maybe
> >l3 jetronic,
> >have i maybe got the wrong name acociated with this aplication?
> >any more info?
> >
> >thanx a lot ,
> >nico
> >

> Nico,
> Sorry! I may have misled you over the 1.6L sytem; early 1.6 GSi Corsa/GTE
> Nova (uk) ie. 1988-1991 approx. used L3 Jetronic. L3 is easy to recognise
-
> ECU is mounted integrally with the airflow meter and has a 15 way 2-row
> connector. It is the later 1.6 engines which use Multec.
> Hope this is clearer
> Richard

hi richard ,

that's the one :) , my model is in fact
a 90 model , and the ecu is integrated
in the airflow meter. so thanxs for clearing that up , now , any idea where
i can find a description of the error codes?

do you think the codes in question might be more or less the same as the
motronic ml4.1?

getting there ,
nico