700R4 ratios

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Tue Jul 15 19:18:50 GMT 1997

>21MPG in a 5,700lb suburban?!  I have a Tahoe and a Suburban
>5.7 tbi and see 15MPG highway with the Tahoe!  11 MPG is typical
>around town and that's driving very nicely.  Not even the factory
>thinks they get 15MPG city/ 24 MPG highway.

Maybe that gent is carrying around a full cargo of helium balloons, thus
making his vehicle lighter :)

It depends on driving style, load, hills, etc.  I get 29.5 MPG regularly
with my '93 Continental, as long as I don't speed over 65 too much, and
don't stomp it too hard.  Locally, I hit 'bout 12-13 MPG.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html