Fiat woes

JColl62271 at aol.com JColl62271 at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 01:25:55 GMT 1997

Used to own a Spyder 2000 which would run great and then suddenly die out.
 It would coast for a while as if it had just bearly enough power to keep the
engine ticking over, then it would surge back to life.  Each time everything
you mentioned would check out.

After weeks of hair pulling and expensive Eytalian car mechanics I found the
source of my problem to be a crappy fuel pump relay which would run the pump,
but had so much resistance though the points that the pump would barely run.
 I guess at some times it would heat up enough to quit altogether.  The old
L-jetronic didn't diagnose itself, so it took awhile to find.  Repalaced the
relay, bosch, can't recall the pn, and the problem went away.

Hope yours is as simple.

Jack