fuel inj parts from MSD

Robert J. Korn korn at chappy.com
Wed Jul 16 16:48:15 GMT 1997

> -> The most useful tool I saw was a modified drill bit that could cut
> -> the pocket hole for an injector with the correct shape and dimensions
> -> in one shot.
>
>  Yes.  They want $166 for that drill bit.

If you do a lot of work that might pay off but for me I'm happy with their
detailed cross section of the pocket with proper angles and radius' marked !

I plan on making a few this weekend on my lathe. Should be able to do it for
free since I have a scrap piece of aluminum rod lying around......

Have to admit that I hardly ever buy from these catalogs. I just use the
info to make my own parts.

On a side note, all the injectors under 25lb/hr that I've seen so far
are saturated type 12 or 16 ohms. Just been wasting my time with
peak and hold driver chips. The smallest so far is 19lb/hr.

Does anybody have a recomendation for a smaller injector ?

I have to check my sister's geo metro book for its flow rate. This
might be a source of parts to swap into a motorcycle application.