Programming language

Steve Meade smeade at deltanet.com
Thu Jul 17 16:46:37 GMT 1997

----------
> From: Christopher E. Hill <chill6 at utk.edu>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Programming language
> Date: Thursday, July 17, 1997 9:05 AM
>
> Hello,
>         I am wondering what is the best language for doing engineering
type
> work is.  What I would like to have is the abilty to do basic
> multiplication, exponents, logs, inverse trig functions, and dot and
cross
> product.  I also would like to have the program run under windows, or at
> least DOS.  Any and all help is appreciated!!

	I think it depends largely on what you plan on "interfacing" your programs
with. If you are just looking for a relatively easy to program environment
(all languages can do complex math ['cept maybe Logo]) that let's you make
DOS and Windows programs than I would spend $89 and get Borland Delphi 3.0.
If you want to write stuff and compatibility with others' work is of utmost
performance, than I'd go with Borland C Builder since it's more of the
"standard." However, there is a steeper learning curve for C.

> Thanks,
>
> Christopher E. Hill--chill6 at utk.edu
Steve Meade
smeade at deltanet.com