FIAT SUCCESS :-)

Chief afn14222 at freenet5.afn.org
Mon Jul 21 02:21:30 GMT 1997

Thanks for all the suggestions on my Fiat problem.  It turned out to be a
bad TPS.  I'll find a replacement at the j-yard.  I will probably replace
the O2 sensor also as the car was sitting for 4 years or so.

It was very exciting to drive the thing out of the garage finally!  The car
runs pretty well considering sitting 4 years.  Has decent power too.  Leaks
a little oil from the gaskets.

What I need to do now is make a list of what to check/overhaul before
hitting the road since the car has been sitting for 4 years.

I would assume this:

        Change oil and filter (already have done)
        Change fuel filter (already have done)
        Injector cleaner with gas (how often, how much?)
        New timing belt
        Change tranny fluid
        Rear end fluid?
        New tires (old ones dry rotted)
        Check brakes (replace fluid?)
        All hoses
        All belts

I welcome any other suggestions so I don't miss anything?

Once again, thanks to all all on the list for bearing with my questions.
Your advice has helped greatly.  I have learned a little about FI in the
process.

Ed Hilker aka "Chief"
84'SS - 700R4