Throttle body sizing

Bruno! b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au
Mon Jul 21 04:52:17 GMT 1997

Hi everyone,

I have a 2lt twin cam and am considering rigging up a quad throttle efi
manifold for it. Firstly, I will be using the throttle bodies from
stromberg carburettors to save the pain of trying to fabricate a tb from
scratch. I can get these in sizes up to 40mm (i think 1 9/16") at a
reasonable price.

The intake runners which will mount on the head, and hold the tbs, will be
made using aluminium tube, the internal diameter of which i can get in
different sizes quite readily. again, i could get this in 40mm, or
slightly smaller, or even larger (i think 50mm od & 3mm wall gives 44mm).
The 44 mm option would be a little silly, as the tb being 40mm would be a
restriction (compared to the runner).

My question is whether 40mm is too large for this type of engine. It
currently gives about 130hp, and is my mild-mannered street car.
Driveability is my main criterion here.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

		Bruno. (b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au)

	Early to bed, Early to rise
	Makes a man or woman miss out on the night life
						-Morphine