ECU Turbo Control

avos at cochlear.com.au avos at cochlear.com.au
Mon Jul 21 06:11:46 GMT 1997

     I am trying to work out how the boost map works in a Subaru EJ20
     engine. I have the addresses of the boost maps (There is two for some
     reason). I have created some 3-D surface graphs of these maps, which
     yield nice smooth surfaces which indicate that I am on the right
     track, but I can't quite work out how they work. My only method of
     testing is to burn eproms and try new boost maps, but this is slow. I
     have altered the boost by altering these maps, but have not been able
     to successlfully get the boost I want yet. I suspect that the x and y
     axis of the maps might be combinations of engine load, revs, throttle
     postions, Map sensor output etc, but testing to work it out is slow.
     Does anyone have an idea of what these axis might be? Has anyone
     modified boost maps in ECU maps in different cars, and has an idea of
     parameters might commonly be used for the boost map axis'? It is also
     possible that both maps alter the boost, or one controls overshoot, or
     anything!!

     Adrian
     avos at cochlear.com.au