Ignition Controllers

Rob Skala robskala at chem.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 25 01:23:29 GMT 1997

Hi All,

I am contemplating constructing a digital igniton system (similar to the
one designed by Tim Drury). based on a Hc11 microcontroller. I want to
incorporate a few additional features one of which in knock control.

Does anyone out there have any advice as to the best method to implement
this ? Ideally what I would like to do is advance the timing to the onset
of knock and then retard it slightly back into the safe zone. The
controller will be used on a fuel injected 12A turbo rotary engine.

I welcome all ideas and comments about this.

Thanks to all in advance for your help

Regards,

Rob

Robert D Skala