efi fuel tank baffle

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Tue Jun 3 02:03:02 GMT 1997

george lee wrote:

> STAINLESS STEEL NEEDS A TIG WELDER . I DON'T THINK A WELDING SHOP WILL TAKE
> THIS ON BECAUSE OF THE NEVER ENDING VAPORS. UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO START WITH
> A NEW TANK I WOULDN'T TOUCH IT . WHEN A LEAK DEVELOPS IN AN EXISTING TANK A
> CHEW OF DOUBLE BUBBLE GUM WORKS WONDERS TRUST ME . BEEN THERE DONE THAT  I
> HAVE WORKED ON AUTOMOBILES FOR 45 YEARS.

You don't have to weld anything. If you are going to go the cut the hole
and add the baffle route, you can just use pull rivets and polysulfite
sealant... like Proseal. Still have to drill holes though, so use an air
drill. You can get the premade sump part from Summit for about 50 bucks.
You can get Proseal from most any aviation supplier.

-j-