O2 sensor mounting

Ron Madurski rmadursk at galaxy.galstar.com
Wed Jun 4 18:26:16 GMT 1997

:
:I have an exhaust manifold that does not have a tapped hole
:for an O2 sensor but their is what looks to be like a spot
:that is tapped out when this manifold was used on FI type
:engines.
:
:Does anyone know what is involved in tapping an
:O2 sensor hole?  I think I read somewhere that you can't just drill
:it and tap it with a normal tap because of sealing issues
:between the sensor and the manifold once the assembly gets
:up to temp.  Has anyone done anything like this?
:

I got a boss for the O2 sensor from a speed shop and had it welded in to
my existing header.

:Any and all comments welcome!
:TIA
: