Return Fuel Line Plumbing

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Thu Jun 5 14:55:30 GMT 1997

I had a similar problem with my surge tank, this is only a small tank (about
5L), and the fuel returned into this while being constantly recirculated
into the main tank from the low pressure feed pump.  However, on hot days
when spending time stuck in traffic, the fuel in the surge tank would heat
up so much that you could actually hear it start to make that boiling
bubbling sound, and every time I'd fill up the car there would be lots of
water droplets on the inside of the petrol cap and filler neck  (not a nice
thing to have), had to use lots of water dispersant in the fuel to get rid
of the water in the tank.  Ended up fixing the problem by adding the biggest
Dayco oil cooler I could get into the engine fuel return line as a fuel
cooler.  The fuel is now nice and cool by the time it is returned to the
surge tank.

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com