Nissan 300 ZX

Orin Eman orin at WOLFENET.com
Mon Jun 9 19:08:13 GMT 1997

> Okay, I know for sure about the 6809. It is possible that Hitachi got
> permission to add the extra instructions and registers to the 6303, or
> it could be the same as the 6309... "undocumented but there", and
> UNSUPPORTED by Motorola or Hitachi... officially. Where did you get the
> opcodes?

I don't remember.  The 6303 is used in the mid to late 80s Audi turbo
computers.  As part of tweaking my computer, I gathered various
listings, a disassembler etc.. I can't remember off-hand who gave me
the 6303 spreadsheet.

There is also an assembler out there somewhere which has support for
the 6303 - I found it mentioned doing a web search on 6303.

>If you got them from an official source (Moto or Hitachi), then
> there was obviously some agreement between the companies. All I can say
> is that the 63xx series is supposed to be 100% compatible with the 68xx
> series. The 6309, for instance, has a "compatible mode", which is active
> when the processor is first powered up, and a "native" mode, which must
> be selected through a special instruction. I'm a hardware man, not a
> programmer, but I can find the info if someone needs it.

The extra instructions are mostly bit-manipulation - and/or/xor/tst immediate
with memory.  There is also exchange D with X.

Does anyone have documentation on the 6303/6803?  In particular, on-chip
IO ports.

Orin.