bhp

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 19:19:49 GMT 1997

help ....  I've started a firestorm on the Bronco list
when I said I'd observed in a '77 Motors Manual that the
bhp ratings on all Ford/Mercury full-size vehicle engines
dropped 100+ hp from '71 to '72 and that the hp stayed
down until '77.  Was the way bhp calculated or measured
changed in '72 or was the EPA-mandated changes the reason
for the drop ????  If the way it was measured is what
changed, then why have all the bhp numbers now risen
back to the pre-'72 numbers and in fact many engines
have even higher bhp outputs.

(I really want to know   8^)

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>