bhp

Corey L. Cole corey.l.cole at boeing.com
Fri Jun 13 15:01:13 GMT 1997

> > Sometimes something a lot less awesome than a Merlin.  Several
> > thousand miles ago I changed from Bosch Platinum plugs to Motorcraft.
> >
> > My 2.3l Turbo Coupe motor LOVED 'em!  I must have picked up 25 hp.
> > My guess is that the Bosch plugs were misfiring enough to screw up my
> > a/f ratios but not enough to detect in the seat-o-pants dyno.

I don't think this is too far beyond belief.  I think the current
recommendation for spark plugs in turbo Buicks is the AC-Delcos that they
came with (plus or minus a few heat ranges).  Those motors don't "like" the
platinum plugs.

Anybody out there have any suggestions as to why some turbo motors don't like
platinum plugs?

Corey L. Cole                     | Overheard at a party...
 M/S 19-HH                        | Peter Grant: Hello, Mr. Dylan, I'm Peter
 E-mail: corey.l.cole at boeing.com  |  Grant, manager of Led Zepplin.
 Phone: 206-662-3596              | Bob Dylan: Hey, I don't come to you with