Bosch Platinum plugs, Slick-50, Mobil 1, and Armor-All !!

Tuck sldbrass at infi.net
Sun Jun 15 19:33:13 GMT 1997

At 09:34 6/15/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I have seen many a car enter the shop with a plug or two that had the end
>blown off of it. These cars had AC, Champion, or Splitfire plugs in them.
>I have never seen this happen to a Bosch plug (even with a detonation
>problem) We double checked these plugs and they were the correct plug the
>plug manufacturer recommended.

With a much more limited selection of plugs available for rotary
applications, I have seen this happen with most of the cheaper alternatives
to the stock NGK's.  Autolite's rotary plugs in particular have a nasty
habit of losing the center electrode into the engine, trashing an apex seal
and then that entire rotor housing.  I've never heard of it happening with
the NGK's though, and because I've been happy with the quality of those
plugs in my RX-7, I use them in my other cars as well whenever possible.

Justin "Tuck" Cordesman
SOLID BRASS-> The Price of Sin is Eternal Damnation.

Paid In Full.