newbie here, gotta few questions

Matt Teagarden blazer40 at cobweb.net
Sun Jun 15 23:46:23 GMT 1997

Hey all!!  I just subscribed today, so Hello all!

I gotta few questions.  First I'm dealing with a GM P4 in an 88' s-10
blazer.  I've been trying now for the last few days to figure out what the
speed and contents of the serial stream is/are coming from the truck's
computer.  I need to know what baud rate, and the general structure of this
stream is, anyone know?

I don't have access to an o-scope, just an old analog multimeter and my 386
laptop.  I can receive data from the truck to my laptop, but the program I
wrote has to initialize the serial port for a certain speed.  It seems that
if I run the port at 600bps, I can get some repeatable numbers.  heck, I
don't even know if I'm going at this correctly at alll!!!!

help~! anyone?

-Matt Teagarden

-

   (-/---------------------\    |
  |    /    \    Chevrolet     /    \    |
        0000                    0000
         00                      00
Matt Teagarden   Blazer40 at cobweb.net
Pittsburgh, PA   Http://www.cobweb.net/~blazer40