O2 sensor meter

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:56:58 GMT 1997

>I have made the EGO sensor meter for my car, but I have found that the
>voltage across LAMBDA sensor is not stable.
>I mean, when the engine is running at its minimum (about 800 RPM),
>the voltage go up and down around 0.5 V with a frequency about 3-5 Hz.
>Why?
>How can I connect your EGO sensor meter in order to have a stable value?
>
>							Best regards								Stefano Romani

put a capacitor across it (actually, an R-C series combo
would probably work best -- maybe 10k and 1 uF).  *** But
beware, if the EGO is used by your ecu, don't do it ...
use an integrating op-amp buffer instead, as the ecu wants
to see the fluctuating voltage out of the EGO

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>