reading GM computer codes was: newbie here, gotta few questions

Greg Woods gwoods at symtx.com
Mon Jun 16 13:46:04 GMT 1997

> first off check the archives for info I ve posted.
>
> There is softwaree, a C language listing and a interface schematic
>
> Which ecm are you using. the 165 or the 730. The stuff I posted
> pertains to the 730.
>
> The 165 P4 is a bit of a bear because it wants to use 160
> baud.
>
> You have to send a 80 57 01 header to get it to send at
> 8192 baud but only when it has ended a 160 baud frame.
>
> Anyways good luck:peter

Peter (& Matt),

I hate to ask a stupid question but, how do I tell which ECM I have?
Mine is out of an 86 S10 with a 2.8l engine.  I didn't see any numbers
stamped on it anywhere.

Also, Is this C code in an archived message?  Is it available at
a web sight somewhere?

I desperately need to read the codes coming out of my ECM.
TIA

Greg Woods
gwoods at symtx.com
86 Cherokee with GM 2.8L,