GM TB injector questions, HELP!

Kurt Bilinski kurt.bilinski at GAT.COM
Tue Jun 17 17:27:52 GMT 1997

At 10:56 AM 6/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I put a DMM (I have a cheesy little Radio shack analog meter) on the
>injector leads

I'm impressed you got as far as you did with a pointer meter.  I know you
don't want to hear this but to work with EFI, you really should have a scope.
Beg or borrow one.  They are more useful then any meter.

>  Their is a high pulse width at start
>up right?  the DMM should integrate the signal and show around 12V, right???

It does integrate but much too slowly to be of any use here.  Get a scope.

>The throttle body (w/ injectors) was purchased from a junkyard.  I
>hosed the thing off good with carb cleaner and put a rebuild kit in.  New
>seals and filter screens around the injectors.  Could the injector solenoid
>be stuck?  How common is it for these injectors to go bad??

It's unlikely they all stuck at the same time.

>I see no evidence of fuel being sprayed into the throttle body when
>I crank the starter, I don't smell it or see a trace of it.  Is it
>the injectors, or the computer...  HELP!!:)

Start at the beginning.  What is the fuel pressure?  Is it correct?
Is gas getting to the injector inlets?  Try pulsing (manually) the 12V
to the injectors which should force them open.  Do you get fuel?  Just
pulse them briefly as to not overheat them, and be darn careful of gasoline
fumes. Boom!

What triggers the injectors?  Is the crank or distributer sensor working.
Use the scope to varify.

I gotta get back to work, good luck.

Kurt